Saturday, January 26, 2013

God Reads My Blog... and a Snow Day

So remember how I said that I didn't mind the cold too much so long as it was sunny?  Well apparently God read that blog, thought I was hilarious, and decided to test me on that.  So He made it fah-reezing and perfectly sunny.  Freezing as in, like, 10-16°F.  For a whole week.  He called my bluff, and I admit I hate the freezing cold!  Even if it is sunny!


At least last night we got a little bit of snow for our troubles, it's really dry snow and isn't slushy at all but pretty to see!


Stephen is in Las Vegas this weekend (where it will be nearly 60° today) and I'm here by myself so last night I went over to my friend Amy's apartment just to hang out with her and her kiddos for the night.  They have a terrace perfect for catching snow.

Daija making a snow ball...

Daija and Denae being goofy...

Me and Denae... in her shorts in the snow...

This morning I took Grady on his usual walk to the dog park, he is fine with snow but hates when it melts and gets his feet wet.  Poor thing got a little too wet and so cold that he started shivering, which has never happened before!  Made me feel like a bad mom.  We have snow boots for him but it takes two people to get them on, and since Stephen is in sunny Vegas I couldn't do it.  Poor little guy, I ended up carrying him part of the way home because he was so cold.  

In the park before he froze, playing with his buddy Cali...

The forecast shows it should actually get just above freezing tomorrow and I cannot wait!!


1 comment: