Monday, January 28, 2013

Frozen Fashion

New York is still frozen.  It is snowing/sleeting outside as I type this.  We are going skiing in Colorado this weekend with some friends and I swear it is going to be warmer there than it is here.  

(one of our favorite local bars - Warren 77)

NYC is known for a lot of things and being a fashion capital is up high on that list!  There is actually a "fashion capital" Wikipedia entry where such things are discussed and cities are ranked.  London has apparently overtaken New York recently thanks in large part to Miss Kate, her royal fashion sense, and the worldwide obsession with every little thing she wears (this site takes it to the next level).  

Just because it's 10° outside doesn't mean that all these fancy New Yorkers use the excuse to look frumpy!  The well-heeled coat to have, by a fashion landslide, is one by Moncler.  They are warm and puffy and beautiful and look like this:







They are awesome.  There is a Moncler boutique in SoHo and I've gone in and tried them on.  Sadly I left empty handed.  Why?  They average about $1,000+.  Hrmph.



So, when winter first arrived and I realized that my cold weather wardrobe wasn't quite up to snuff, warmth-wise, I had to find a replacement Moncler.  I have been a fan of Lands' End for years, I think they have great winter layering pieces.  Plus they now have their Canvas line that is a little more fashion forward.  Plus, their sales ROCK.  You can find massive discounts often.  That is where I found this coat:


Puffy and warm - check.  Hood with (fake) fur - check.  Already inexpensive and on sale twice over - double check!  I paid $62.99 for this sucker.  I also really liked this one but it was a little too short for serious winter weather.  I wear this coat every single day, usually with my Sperry houndstooth rain boots with the sock liners (thanks Mom), and am kept surprisingly warm!


But nothing replaces warm sunshine... sigh.  


No comments:

Post a Comment