Thursday, March 14, 2013

I Need Vitamin D

I am not a reality tv fan.  The idiots on tv stress me out and I just cannot believe what comes out of their mouths and their general life choices, I find no joy in it!  However...


When I first moved to London in the middle of winter, I was flipping through the 10 basic channels our original corporate flat tv had and I came across the second season of Real Housewives of Orange County.  It was so dreary outside in London, rainy and cold and very few hours of daylight (if any), and all of a sudden sunny southern California weather was streaming through my tv!  It was only the second season of RHOC, so not too much ridiculous drama had built up yet and I could handle it.  I would literally watch it every day just to remember what bright sunny warmth was like.


So this is today:


Really?  Come on!  It's March 14.  I just came in from walking outside where I had to a) wear my puffy jacket with the furry hood and b) use my hands to keep the hood on my head because it's so windy and it kept being blown down.  I don't think I will ever get used to this northern living.

I saw this Norwegian Cruise Line ship sailing down the Hudson River, on its way to the Caribbean, and from where I was standing I could hear the party music ("Moves Like Jagger").  Sigh.



And... I discovered reruns of RHOC on tv again today.  And I'm watching it.  This is is getting desperate.  I am in a major sunshine withdrawal and RHOC is my needle.  

Please send help. 

No comments:

Post a Comment