Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Movember

It's Movember!  If you're not familiar with what that is, it's a world-wide charity drive in the month of November benefiting various issues in men's health, most notably prostate cancer.  To raise money, men grow mustaches all month long (thus "Movember") and raise money for donations.  And with the (worthy) high profile of breast cancer month and women's health, I think it's great that men's health is highlighted in November!

Stephen has participated in Movember.  It is a very worth cause!  He raised money and exceeded his goals! 

I hope he never grows another mustache again.  

We will donate!  Will will participate in other ways!  But I truly hope to never see another mustache gracing his face.  Why?  Because it looks like this:


These are from November 2011, the night he shaved it off, giving his best "mustache" look:


Don't get me wrong, I think Stephen is very handsome in any light, but I don't think a mustache allows him to be... what does Oprah say?... his "best self".

Toward the end of Stephen's Movember we went to Paris with our friends Alex and Candice.  Our first night there we had one of the best dining experiences, if not the best, in my life.  We got dressed up and had a 3-hour meal at Le Cinq inside of the George V Four Seasons Paris.  It was amazing!  We had endless courses and wine... Ryan Seacrest and Julianne Hough were a few tables over... at the end of the meal yet another dessert car was brought over for us to choose from a variety of small delights to take home with us... the last thing they presented was some kind of superfancy glacier water in a superfancy cobalt blue crystal goblet... we were surrounded by fresh flowers, crystal chandeliers, more waiters than diners, a Parisian courtyard with the night sky... and Stephen's mustache.  

Us with Candice outside of the George V:


Like I said, Stephen is a very handsome man and I love him unconditionally!  And I am so proud of him for participating in such a worthy cause!  I just kinda prefer he show his support in another way next time.

Love, you babe!!!!!  

xoxoxo

P.S., the very next weekend Ryan Gosling was in Paris.  Why did I have to see Ryan Seacrest?  I really would have preferred the other Ryan...

No comments:

Post a Comment