Saturday, September 24, 2011

Goodbye Summer

I spend a lot of time in Kensington Gardens, Grady and I walk there almost every day (sometimes twice a day), and Stephen and I run around the park a lot after he comes home from work.  Living so close to a big, beautiful park has been one of my favorite things here in London.  When you're in the park, you can't hear any traffic noise or the like, everywhere you look is green and it's a great way to feel out of the city.  I've enjoyed summer here in a way I never did in Dallas - especially with the cooler temps!


Looking over the water to Kensington Palace:


Summer blooms:


Wild berry vine:



It has turned a bit cooler and Fall is definitely settling in.  During the summer in the park, fields of wild flowers and tall grass are allowed to grow.  I liked to go there with Grady and sit in the middle of it and just listen to the summer crickets.  It was like being in a meadow somewhere far away.  Today I went there and most of it had been mowed down and was brown.  Sad!

My park meadow (if you look closely you can see Grady in the background):


Summer here in London was fabulous, truly great weather.  I'm sad to see it go!


2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you got to enjoy the outdoors more this summer! Maybe when you move back to the states you can move to Nashville... the temps are cooler here than in Dallas. :) Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you don't stayas oil analyst, you could be photographer,,,,,,

    ReplyDelete